How do I set up Sora?
- The Sora app works on mobile devices or tablets.
- Download the free Sora app on your mobile or tablet from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open Sora and tap I have a setup code (at the bottom of the screen).
- Enter this setup code: audiobooksync.
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC.
- Tap: Explore (at the bottom of the screen) to see the week’s featured titles [2020 season starts April 30]
If you already use Sora, you’ll need to add the SYNC program’s library. Here are the steps:
- In Sora, open the menu (in the top-right corner).
- Select Add a public library.
- Search for audiobooksync and select the library from the results
Sign up by 11AM on Thur May 7th to get the 1st two titles
The titles are changed at midnight Eastern Standard Time – and May 6th midnight in New York is 11am in Bangkok on May 7th.
The 57 Bus
One teenager in a skirt.
One teenager with a lighter.
One moment that changes both of their lives forever.
If it weren’t for the 57 bus, Sasha and Richard never would have met. Both were high school students from Oakland, California, one of the most diverse cities in the country, but they inhabited different worlds. Sasha, a white teen, lived in the middle-class foothills and attended a small private school. Richard, a black teen, lived in the crime-plagued flatlands and attended a large public one. Each day, their paths overlapped for a mere eight minutes. But one afternoon on the bus ride home from school, a single reckless act left Sasha severely burned, and Richard charged with two hate crimes and facing life imprisonment. The case garnered international attention, thrusting both teenagers into the spotlight.[Goodreads summary]
Monday's Not Coming
Monday Charles is missing, and only Claudia seems to notice. Claudia and Monday have always been inseparable—more sisters than friends. So when Monday doesn’t turn up for the first day of school, Claudia’s worried. When she doesn’t show for the second day, or second week, Claudia knows that something is wrong. Monday wouldn’t just leave her to endure tests and bullies alone. Not after last year’s rumors and not with her grades on the line. Now Claudia needs her best—and only—friend more than ever. But Monday’s mother refuses to give Claudia a straight answer, and Monday’s sister April is even less help.
As Claudia digs deeper into her friend’s disappearance, she discovers that no one seems to remember the last time they saw Monday. How can a teenage girl just vanish without anyone noticing that she’s gone?[Goodreads summary]