Welcome to the EE Resource Page. Here you’ll find all kinds of resources to help you research, stay organised, and pull together your Extended Essay.
Workshop 1 – How to Research for your EE (Tuesday, April 7th)
Workshop #1 Power Point – Click here for the link to the PowerPoint I used in Workshop # 1 – Researching for your EE
INFOGRAPHIC – Get More Out of Google
Search Engines & Directories
EE Research Checklist – Use this checklist to help you organise your research and to remind you of the different sources of information you might want to consult in your research.
Workshop 2 – Taking Notes & Keeping Organized (Friday, May 1st)
Taking Notes – Templates – Here are some of the templates I showed you in the workshop with which you could take notes, or organize you own system of taking notes!
- Word – Notes by Source
- Word – Notes by Topic
- OneNote – Notes by Source
- OneNote – Notes by Topic
- OneNotes – Paper Outline
- EasyBib – Notebook Tutorials – Here you will find short tutorial videos on all of the aspects of Notebook which I went over in the workshop
Graphic Organizers – Here are a number of places where you can download graphic organisers, or at least view them and make your own based on the style:
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers
- Education Oasis – Graphic Organizers
- Enchanted Learning – Graphic Organizers
- EduPlace.org – Graphic Organizers
- Wikipedia – List of Types of GOs and their uses, with links to specific articles on some types
Workshop 3 – Getting From Notes to Outline
Link to Workshop #3 Power Point – Getting from Notes to an Outline
Purdue OWL links to:
- Four main components of effective outlines
- Keeping your purpose in mind (halfway down the page)
- Writing an introduction
- Writing transitions
- Quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing
- Writing about fiction & literature
- Proofreading your drafts
Links to EE Tables of Contents:
- Example TOCs Group 1 & 2: Language A 1, 2, 3, 4
- Example TOCs Group 3: Business 1, 2, 3, 4, Economics 1, 2, Geography 1, 2, 3, History 1, Psychology 1, 2
- Example TOCs Group 4: Biology 1, 2, 3, Chemistry 1, 2, 3, Env Systems 1, Design 1,
- Example TOCs Group 5: Mathematics 1
- Example TOCs Group 6: Theatre Arts 1, Visual Arts 1, 2, 3
Workshop 4 – Referencing & In-Text Citation
For MLA Style
Citation FAQs: Have questions about citations in other languages, special cases, etc? Check here to see if your question has been answewred. If not, email your Teacher-Librarian (Ms Stephanie: email@example.com)!
Ethical Use of Images – How to cite images in your work
Tables, Figures and Illustrations – How to cite these in your work.
Works Cited List & In-text referencing – example of a proper MLA 7 Works Cited list, as well as what the in-text referencing should look like for this list.
Works Cited Checklist – to help you make sure you’ve included everything you need to!
For APA Style